I wish you all the best for 2019!
The usual time for reflection and recap the most popular posts and other 2018 stats of arcisfoodblog. Amazing to see that the traffic increased yet again. While having posted less, the traffic still rose: from 9.245 views from 6.261 visitors from 95 countries to 13.630 views from 9.356 visitors from 107 countries!
With referrals from the arcisfoodblog posts on Facebook, Pinterest, WordPress, and Instagram more or less the same, the number of visitors via search engines increased with 5% to 65%. Like previous years, most visitors came from the UK, USA, the Netherlands, Australian, and Canada. However, I love that I also got to welcome people from exotic places like Mauritius, Antigua, French Polynesia, and the Cayman Islands that somehow ended up on my blog.
I didn’t reach my personal goal to publish every week. Only 44 posts made it to arcisfoodblog this year, but unlike last year I didn’t go overboard with posting about our summer road trip (this year to New England), which would account for the smaller number of posts compared to 2017. Still some international and travel posts, some top-notch fine dining, interesting new restaurants, and a few of my own cooking experiments. Without further ado, these are the 15 most popular posts on arcisfoodblog during 2018.
- Tomato and Mozzarella Risotto by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- Mustardy Cauliflower Cheese by Yotam Ottolenghi
- Macaroni and Cauliflower Bake With Two Cheeses by Gordon Ramsay
- Mozzarella Beef Florentine by Mary Berry
- Lasagna by Marcus Wareing
- Lasagna by Tom Kerridge
- Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup
- Shallot and Mushroom Oven Risotto by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- Mushroom “Risoniotto” by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- Grilled Encrusted Tuna Steak with Sautéed Spinach and Samphire
- Oven Baked Meatballs with Brown Ale by Tom Kerridge
- Mac ‘n Cheese by Marco Pierre White
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Beet Chips by Thomas Keller
- Restaurant 212 – Amsterdam (May 2018)
- 101 Gowrie x Brandt & Levie (September 2018)