First of all, best wishes for 2018 for you and your loved ones!
Time for reflection so here is a quick recap of the most popular posts and other 2017 stats of arcisfoodblog. It proved to be another busy year; this year, once again exceeded my expectations as traffic more than doubled: from 4.256 views from 2.734 visitors out of 85 countries, it went to 9.245 views from 6.261 visitors from 95 countries!! Not bad without doing any promotional stuff for the site.
With slightly more referrals from the arcisfoodblog posts on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, still, about 60% of the visitors had been referred via search engines. Like previous years, most visitors came from the UK, USA, the Netherlands, Canada, and Australia. However, I love that I also got to welcome people from Timor Leste, Laos, Brunei, Malawi, and Kazakhstan that somehow ended up on my blog.
I was also quite content with the fact that I quickly reached my personal goal to publish every week: 63 posts made it to arcisfoodblog in 2017. Furthermore, I got to squeeze in more international and travel content. Arguably, I kind of overdid it with the 24 most recent posts all on our summer road trip to the Pacific Northwest of the USA. One the other hand there simply was too much beautiful stuff to share…
Without further ado, these are the 15 most popular posts on arcisfoodblog during 2017.
- Tomato and Mozzarella Risotto by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- Mozzarella Beef Florentine by Mary Berry
- Lasagna by Tom Kerridge
- Mac ‘n Cheese by Marco Pierre White
- Mushroom “Risoniotto” by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- Oven Baked Meatballs with Brown Ale by Tom Kerridge
- &samhoud places**, Amsterdam (July 2017)
- Grilled Encrusted Tuna Steak with Sautéed Spinach and Samphire
- Macaroni and Cauliflower Bake With Two Cheeses by Gordon Ramsay
- Around the World – The Test Kitchen – Cape Town, South Africa (May 2016)
- Around the World – Geranium***, Copenhagen, Denmark (March 2017)
- Lemon and Aubergine Risotto by Ottolenghi
- Around the World – Oaxen Krog**- Stockholm, Sweden (March 2017)
- Udon Noodle Soup with Shiitake Mushrooms, Tofu and Paksoi
- Around the World – Restaurant Kokkeriet*, Copenhagen, Denmark (March 2017)