I kind of overdid it with the broccolini…
but therefore it also makes it a great, healthy and easy weekday dinner. It really has it all: heat from the chili pepper, zing from the lemon zest and juice, umami from the Parmesan cheese and garlic and nuttiness from the whole-wheat pasta. Rapidly becoming a staple dish in our kitchen!
The recipe (serves 4)
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook the spaghetti in a large cooking pot with boiling salted water following the packet instruction and add the broccolini to the pot for the last 4 minutes.
- In the meantime, add 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and gently fry the shallots, red chili pepper, and garlic until soft.
- Reserve ¼ cup of the cooking liquid and then drain the pasta and broccolini and add them to the frying pan with the shallot/garlic/chili pepper mixture.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and the reserved cooking liquid and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Serve with a good grating of Parmesan cheese!