First of all best wishes for 2017! Moving on into a (hopefully) splendid new year!
[Statistics alert] I’d like to take the opportunity to reflect on a very busy year here at arcisfoodblog. Wow, 2016 really exceeded my expectations!
Personally, I was quite content to easily reach my personal goal to publish every week: 71 posts made it to arcisfoodblog this year. Also with the redesign from last X-mas that got an overhaul this year in order to be able to get more different types of visuals on the site.
The response is 5 times compared to that from 2015. From 860 views originating from 450 visitors out of 38 countries, it went to 4.256 views from 2.734 visitors out of 85 countries!! Not bad without doing any promotional stuff.
I really love the geographic spread of the views; most of them were from the UK, USA and Netherlands, but even people from Jersey (the island…), Guadeloupe and the British Virgin Islands ended up on my blog.
Without further ado, these are the 10 most popular posts on arcisfoodblog in 2016. With about 70% of the visitors being referred via search engines, a fair amount of older posts made it up there (2016 posts are denoted with *):
- Mac ‘n Cheese by Marco Pierre White
- Mushroom “Risoniotto” by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- *Around the World – Ristorante Il Patio* – Pollone, Italy (June 2016)
- *Tomato and Mozzarella Risotto by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
- *Lasagna by Tom Kerridge
- *Cape Winemakers Guild Wine Tasting and Lunch at Kasteel Groot Engelenburg (Sept 2016)
- Around the World – Locavore – Ubud, Bali (Aug 2015)
- *Around the World – The Tasting Room – Franschhoek, South Africa (May 2016)
- Grilled Encrusted Tuna Steak with Sautéed Spinach and Samphire
- *Mozzarella Beef Florentine by Mary Berry